Saturday, June 17, 2006


Ok, first off let me say that whether you call yourself a patriot or just an American, the singing of our national anthem is something all Americans should join in and sing. Sometimes it seems it’s the only thing that we can all do together and have some sense of national pride. But more importantly, if you are an American, representing our country in one of the biggest sporting events known to mankind, it would be a good thing if you sang along while the anthem is played. Am I getting somewhere with this? Yes. While I watched our national team play against Italy this morning, I was disturbed at how many of our players (and coaches) did not sing along with the national anthem. Italy’s was first, and all of the players, the coaches and the fans for that matter, we’re singing their nations song. But us? Not so. What’s the deal? I’m not sure I have an answer for that so I’ll just leave it hanging for now.

2 comments:

~sheri~ said...

If you don't start updating your blog, I'm going to remove you from my links...I don't want to mislead my faithful blot readers into thinking there's something new and exciting to read if there isn't. Got that buster?

~sheri~ said...

If you don't start updating your blog, I'm going to remove you from my links...I don't want to mislead my faithful blog readers into thinking there's something new and exciting to read if there isn't. Got that, buster?